Shawbirch Medical Centre has been involved with the training of medical students since 2000 and started training registrars in 2006. We believe that an active involvement in undergraduate and postgraduate medical education encourages us to reflect on the way we work and the services we provide, and can therefore benefit our patients.
- We aim to provide an environment where learning is fun, effective and where registrars and students feel very much part of the practice team
- We treat students and registrars as adult learners
- All members of the practice enjoy being involved in education
- Registrars are definitely supra-numerary and as a relatively new training practice, we do not rely on registrars and our emphasis is on their educational needs rather than our service requirements
- Teaching time is well protected and registrars receive 2-3 hours of one-to-one tutorial time each week
- We believe in the value of inter-professional learning and encourage the involvement of other members of the wider practice team to be actively involved in medical education
- We value feedback and hope to progressively improve the educational quality of student and registrar placements
- Dr Peter Coventry - Director of Curriculum at Keele Medical School
- De Charlotte Garrington - trainer
- Dr Paul Davies - trainer
- Dr Clare McDermott – trainer
If you are keen on joining us as a registrar then please contact Dr Paul Davies.
Link to Shropshire VTS Website
Link to West Midlands Deanery Website