Continence Pilot Project
THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN DEFERRED.
The way patients receive advice and products relating to continence issues is changing.
Continence specialist nurses from Shropshire Community Health NHS Trust are running a pilot scheme with Shawbirch Medical Centre to make it easier for patients to order and receive products.
From the start date (revised date yet to be announced), patients should order direct from the prescription telephone line instead of the Medical Centre. Telephone: 0800 917 9865 Monday to Friday 9.00am - 2.00pm
The Continence Team will:
- Issue the patient's prescription
- Ask how the patient wants to pick up the products
- Liaise with specialist nurses, pharmacies and delivery companies to ensure you receive the products needed quickly
- Provide information, advice and guidance about the patient's general continence needs
- Regularly review the patient's products to ensure they are the most suitable
The Continence Service is running the project in partnership with Coloplast, a Peterborough based company which is a leading manufacturer of continence products. However, you will receive the most appropriate product for you, regardless of which company manufactures it.